The BHRE Research Group is based at the School of Law, University of Greenwich, United Kingdom. It was created in 2013 under the leadership of Dr Olga Martin-Ortega. It brings together the expertise and research interests of leading academics in the field of business and human rights, international environmental law and international criminal law.
The BHRE develops high quality, policy relevant research in a number of research areas. We also provide training and capacity building to public bodies and corporations as well as other consultancy services.
Our current research focuses particularly on:
- Business and human rights duties and responsibilities
- Corporate human rights due diligence
- Modern slavery, human trafficking and human rights in the global supply chain
- Socially responsible and sustainable public procurement
- Environmental and health governance
- Forests and forest commodities
- The extractive industries and conflict minerals
- Multinational corporations, human rights and land rights
- Business, armed conflicts and transitional justice.